[Samba] specifying home directory for users.

jcdole at free.fr jcdole at free.fr
Tue Apr 26 15:12:01 MDT 2011

I am setting up a SAMBA 3.5 PDC on an linux box.

I have linux and windows client ( seven and XP ).

On the linux box I want user home for user fred in  /data/samba/homes/fred
                         I want user profile stuff for user fred in /data/samba/profiles/fred
                         I want user logon script for user fred in /data/samba/netlogon/fred

What should I put in SMB.conf  [global]

What should I put in SMB.conf  [homes]

What should I put in SMB.conf  [profiles]

Despite reading the web, I have no success.

[global]
    logon path    = \\%L\profiles\%U
    logon home    = \\%L\homes\%U

[homes]
    comment            = Votre Repertoire : \\%N\Smb_home\%U
    path                  = /data/samba/homes
    browseable        = No
    read only           = No
[profiles]
    comment            = Profile itinerant \\%N\Smb_profile\%U
    path                  = /data/samba/profiles
    browseable        = no
    read only           = No

[netlogon]
    comment            = Network Logon Service (Netlogon) \\%N\Smb_netlogon\%U
    path                  = /data/samba/netlogon
    browseable        = no
    read only           = yes

Thank you for your help.

JCD