[Samba] Win 7 Pro creating new profile caches

Joe joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 3 07:03:24 MDT 2011

I’ve had issues with Win 7 logging on slowly after I’ve included it in my PDC (samba v3.4.9-60).  After some googling I found this link:

http://blog.bigsmoke.us/2010/03/17/fixing-extremely-slow-domain-logon-windows-7

I tried it out and I thought my problem had been fixed after I rebooted and logged into my computer once.  A few days ago I tried doing the same thing again and it was again dirt slow to log in.  Yesterday I noticed there were a number of instances of my user cache in the computer (user.DOMAIN, user.DOMAIN.001, user.DOMAIN.002, etc.) – I suspect these directories were being created as I logged in each time.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks,

- Joe