[Samba] Problems joining a samba domain with windows 7

Claudio Prono claudio.prono at atpss.net
Thu Sep 30 07:29:12 MDT 2010

John Drescher ha scritto:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Claudio Prono <claudio.prono at atpss.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am doing some tests with Windows 7 and a Samba Domain, but into a
>>> working SAMBA domain, where windows XP joins without problems, when i
>>> try with 7 i recieve an error like "The trust relationship between this
>>> workstation and the primary domain failed.". I use OpenSuSE 11.3 with
>>> samba 3.5.4-5.1.2 and openldap 2.4.21-9.1.
>>>

>> Have you applied the registry patch on the windows 7 machine from the
>> samba wiki?
>>
>> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
>>

> Sorry I see that you did that. Do you have only 1 domain controller?
> Or to get to the point. Are all domain controllers 3.3 or higher and
> have you restarted them all after the update?
>
> John
>
> !DSPAM:1,4ca47f3f146116287311329!

Solved!

The problem is i have touched some more registry keys than the needed. I
have resetted this two keys:

HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
DWORD RequireSignOrSeal = 1
DWORD RequireStrongKey = 1

And the join is going well!

Thanks!

Claudio.

Claudio Prono                         OPST
System Developer
                                      Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258
@PSS Srl                              Tel: +39-011-32.72.100
Via San Bernardino, 17                Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
10141 Torino - ITALY                  http://atpss.net/disclaimer