[Samba] Samba Windows 7 and logon scripts

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Mon Sep 13 03:31:30 MDT 2010

Tony Molloy wrote:
>On Thursday 09 September 2010 18:11:38 c grassu wrote:
>> You can try this. It works for me on vista and win7:
>>
>> net use m: /HOME
>
>The [homes] share is working fine.
>
>The problem is not with the actual script. The problem is that the
script
>is
>not being run at login on Windows 7 wheras it is on WindowsXP
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony

Which versions of Windows 7 and Windows XP are you working with?
"Professional" should work, but "Home" may have trouble.

I found (with samba3-3.4.8-42.el5, anyway) that XP would automatically
map H: to the home drive, but 7 would not; I had to add a line to the
logon script:

  if not exist H: net use H: \\LINUX\HOMES > nul

Your "net time" line will only work for an Administrator.

Remove the "del X" line at the end of your script, and see if you're
getting error messages logged in X when you log in from 7.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"