[Samba] Drag and drop from gnome panel to samba shares

Manu Baylac manu at ldd.fr
Mon Sep 6 05:43:26 MDT 2010

Hi all.

I have a samba 3.2.5 on debian lenny with ubuntu 9.10 an windows clients.
But I have a little problem with permissions.

[share]
   comment = cool
   path = /home/cool
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   force group = cool
   create mask = 0660
   directory mask = 0770
   force create mode = 0660
   force directory mode = 0770

On my ubuntu clients, if I create a file or directory *directly* in the
samba share with nautilus, no problem :

myserver:/home/myshare# ls -l
drwxrwx--- 2 user cool 4096 sep  6 13:27 testdir
-rw-rw---- 1 user cool    0 sep  6 13:27 testfile.txt

But if I use drag & drop a local file from gnome panel to the samba share,

-rw-r--r-- 1 user cool 18432 jui 12 18:18 newtest

force group is ok but permissions aren't "forced".

How can I change that ?

Thanks in advance.

  --
Manu