[Samba] samba 3.5.4 on openindiana 147 - kerberos spnego issues

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Oct 26 07:16:41 MDT 2010

hi all,

I am having a problem with the samba packaged by Openindiana 147.

It is setup to use winbind, a ldap backend and to be an AD member.

Computers trying to authenticate themselves fail when samba negotiates
ntlmv2 authentication which apparently does not use winbind. Just about
everything else checks out. wbinfo -u/g/K/a/t/D all work. id works. The
only strange thing is that getent passwd does not while getent group does.

I cannot understand why samba does not negotiate kerberos authentication
when another box running OpenSolaris 2009.06 and samba 3.0.3x does.

Please let me know what information is needed to find out what is going on.

Christopher