[Samba] too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests and squid failed

Tharanga Abeyseela (RGA) tharanga.abeyseela at rexelga.com.au
Mon Oct 18 17:03:25 MDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I have been running squid with AD authentication and security group authentication for the last 6 months, and suddenly squid failed with the following error  message

(squid): Too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests. (I tried to start squid in a off peak time there were only 35 users, still it says Too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests.

What can cause this issue ?

Iam using

samba-3.4.8-59.fc12.x86_64
samba-winbind-clients-3.4.8-59.fc12.x86_64
samba-common-3.4.8-59.fc12.x86_64
samba-client-3.4.8-59.fc12.x86_64
samba-winbind-devel-3.4.8-59.fc12.x86_64
samba-winbind-3.4.8-59.fc12.x86_64
Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE24
configure options:  '--prefix=3D/usr/local/squid' '--enable-auth=3Dntlm,bas= ic' '--enable-external-acl-helpers=3Dwbinfo_group'

and also iam getting the following error

[2010/10/18 10:28:58,  3] winbindd/winbindd_cm.c:1597(connection_ok)
  connection_ok: Connection to  for domain xxx  is not connected

(but if I use the net join command it says joined to domain)

According to my squid report normally there are 700 people connecting to the proxy, but now its says  winbind maximum connection exceeds 200,

Squid working fine without AD authentication through smb/winbind

This is my smb.conf

[global]
workgroup =zzz
realm = zz.COM
password server = *
#netbios name = zzzz
server string = Samba file and print server
security = ADS
encrypt passwords = yes
log level = 2
log file = /var/log/samba/%m