[Samba] samba 3.4.7 as NT4 domain member and win9x

Neil Price nprice at gibb.co.za
Wed Oct 6 04:51:44 MDT 2010

  On 2010/10/05 10:44 PM, Chris Weiss wrote:
> I can connect win9x using local accounts, just not domain accounts.
> the same domain accounts work from all other OS's, and on older Samba
> versions.
I had a problem with a dos login to a domain account that worked with
3.2.x but not with 3.4.x and 3.5.x

I worked out it was trying trying to connect to a local account and
ignoring the workgroup/domain.

I simply created a local account since that worked for me.  I forced the
group bit on the directory so the files were readable by others.

But this may well be a bug.