[Samba] File permissions getting destroyed with M$ software on ZFS

RegioGis regio-gis at ec.europa.eu
Mon Oct 4 04:06:38 MDT 2010

Hi,

I see you use samba with zfs. But how on earth do you prevent the 'deny'
aces from being the first in the ACL, and thus denying all access to the
resource ?

I'm able to add permissions via the MS UI  ( I added an AD group
'regio-users' )
When I then create a file or folder via Samba, I get this on the Solaris box
:

root # ll -V db1.mdb
-rw-rw----+  1 ackerra  gis        98304 Oct  4 11:49 db1.mdb
    group:regio-users:--x-----------:------:deny
    group:regio-users:r-x---a-R----s:------:allow
            owner@:rw-p---A-W-Co-:------:allow
            group@:rw-p----------:------:allow
         everyone@:rwxp---A-W-Co-:------:deny
         everyone@:------a-R-c--s:------:allow

Thus denying all access to 'regio-users' ....
How do you solve this ?    ( I defined the share exactly as you specified )

Rgrds,