[Samba] Missing secondary groups

Peter Trifonov petert at dcn.ftk.spbstu.ru
Tue Nov 30 04:54:18 MST 2010

Hi,

> idmapping does not work perfectly for me.   idmap_ad backend means it
> should use active directory info to determine the unix uid and gid.  It
may
> bypass the issues with local tdb files.
In  my case Samba is able to allocate UID and GID itself.
However, it seems not to be able to communicate it to the OS properly.

I have the following:

1. "getent passwd "  and  "getent group"  show only local users and groups.
2.  getent recognizes  domain users and groups, if their names or IDs are
given explicitly. For example:
heap# getent group "domain users"
domain users:x:10009
heap# getent group 10012
wifi:x:10012
heap# getent passwd petert
petert:*:10000:10009:Peter V.
Trifonov:/home/DOMAIN/petert:/usr/local/bin/bash

It can be seen that UID and GID were allocated properly. However, all
non-primary groups are lost:
3.
heap# wbinfo -r petert
10009