[Samba] windows 7

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Nov 29 14:41:55 MST 2010

Am 22.11.2010 19:11, schrieb Todd E Thomas:
> I too have this very same problem. I've searched my Samba List mail
> folder and there are 64 emails on this very subject - all seemingly
> unanswered. Perhaps we could put a wooden steak through the heart of
> this beast once and for all.

A little off-topic (as I don't use LDAP with samba in my particular
case), but regarding "Win7 and Samba-PDC":

Could someone here please tell me/us what the current recommended best
practise is for using Win7-clients with a Samba PDC?

Which release of Samba, what reg-keys to edit, what parameters to set or
avoid?

Is http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7 still valid?

Is Samba 3.5.6 working in this case as well?

(that page says: "Support for Windows 7 using Samba Domain Controllers
has been added to the following versions:
Samba 3.4
Samba 3.3"     .... no 3.5.6 .... yet? ;-) )

I have to research this to prepare for a WinXP-Win7-migration at a
customer where I have little to no acceptance for problems ... you know

Thanks for any uptodate-info on this!

Stefan