[Samba] Samba & Alternate Data Streams

Marten Gajda marten.gajda at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon May 17 13:59:26 MDT 2010

Am 17.05.2010 18:56, schrieb Jeremy Allison:
> Do you have "vfs objects = streams_xattr" or "vfs objects = streams_depot"
> set on the share ? You'll need this to map named streams to filesystem
> objects on a POSIX system.

I didn't enable any of them. That's why I'm wondering that some streams
actually do work for me. The way streams are currently handled (just
like regular files) is quite sufficient for me. Its just that samba does
not advertise this feature.
I didn't know about the streams_depot so far. Is there any documentation
about the stream naming scheme within the depot directory?

Marten