[Samba] 3.3 and 3.4 compile failure on dbwrap

Jeff Block Jeff.Block at radiology.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 12 13:37:05 MST 2010

After talking with a programmer here, we were able to figure out the
problem.
lib/dbwrap.c was using "fetch" and "store" in functions which were colliding
with previously defined macros with the same names.  We were able to resolve
the issue by undefining the macros after the include lines in dbwrap.c:

#undef fetch
#undef store

Compile errors with either "fetch" or "store" name collisions were seen in
the following as well:
lib/dbwrap_util.c
passdb/secrets.c
passdb/pdb_tdb.c
groupdb/mapping_tdb.c
smbd/connection.c
smbd/session.c
locking/locking.c
locking/brlock.c
locking/posix.c
smbd/notify_internal.c
utils/net_idmap.c
modules/vfs_xattr_tdb.c
modules/vfs_acl_tdb.c

All these were fixed with one or both of the undef's.

Hope this helps if anyone else hits this issue.

Jeff Block
Programmer / Analyst
Radiology Research Computing
University of California, San Francisco