[Samba] Windows 7 + Samba 3.4.5 locking problem

Lars Bensmann lars at almosthappy.de
Fri Mar 5 20:36:44 MST 2010

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 05:16:10PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Did you try setting:
>
> kernel oplocks = no
> oplocks = no
> level2 oplocks = no
> posix locking = no

I was not sure if I tried all your settings at once, so I tested it just
now. (I put kernel oplocks = no as a global option as it had no effect on
a share only basis according to testparm.)

> on that share ? This will leave you with only Samba share mode
> and byte range locking (no mapping down to the underlying
> system) - which should behave identically to Windows.

Unfortunately it did not. Already the first client experienced the delay.

> Remeber to restart Samba before testing.

I did.

Can I gather any more relevant data to find out what goes wrong?

Lars

--
The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine.