[Samba] Solaris 10 Configuration file

Erickson, Dennis dennis.erickson at mdu.com
Tue Jun 22 14:58:26 MDT 2010

I download  the samba-3.5.3.tar and need to create the executables for Solaris 10. I do not have the gcc compiler and would like to use the SUNWspro/bin/cc compiler.  What I need is a "MyConfigure" script that will create a usable Makefile. I don't need anything fancy like ldap, ads etc. I do have gnumake. For example what environment variables are necessary (PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS, PKG_CONFIG_PATH)?  Here is what I get so far:

SAMBA VERSION: 3.5.3
-
-
#    define SAMBA_VERSION_STRING SAMBA_VERSION_OFFICIAL_STRING
LIBREPLACE_LOCATION_CHECKS: START
LIBREPLACE_LOCATION_CHECKS: END
LIBREPLACE_CC_CHECKS: START
LIBREPLACE_CC_CHECKS: END
LIBREPLACE_BROKEN_CHECKS: START
LIBREPLACE_BROKEN_CHECKS: END
LIBREPLACE_NETWORK_CHECKS: START
bge2       IP=xxx.xx.xx.xx NETMASK=255.255.255.0
bge1       IP= xxx.xx.xx.xx NETMASK=255.255.255.0
bge0       IP= xxx.xx.xx.xx  NETMASK=255.255.255.0
lo0        IP=127.0.0.1 NETMASK=255.0.0.0
LIBREPLACE_NETWORK_CHECKS: END
checking for Isilon OneFS... no
Package talloc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `talloc.pc'
No package 'talloc' found
Package tdb was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `tdb.pc'
No package 'tdb' found
OK
configure: WARNING: Disabling Active Directory support (requires ldap_initialize)
configure: WARNING: No python found
configure: WARNING: No python-config found

This creates a Makefile but it errors out. I did not find a talloc.pc or tdb.pc anywhere on my system. Am I missing a prerequisite?

Dennis Erickson
Senior System Support Engineer
Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
701-222-7648