[Samba] xp clients can't auth after reboot without smb restart

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:38:44 MDT 2010

in smb.conf

         wins support = Yes

Don't set
             wins server = ....

I don't think the nsswitch.conf is an issue-  it seems like the client
has trouble finding the server.  Are you using dhcp?  If so, the DHCP
server (even a unix one) should be able to assign WINS.   If you are not
using dhcp, or if your dhcp server can not assign wins, you can
statically set it on the XP client.