[Samba] Help to buy a SAN server

Yannick Bergeron burgergold at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:35:37 MDT 2010

I'm moderating the samba-technical mailing list.
This post is more
appropriate on samba at lists.samba.org
So I'll just answer on this one
and discard the post on samba-technical

< Hi,
< I have to linux server and using samba beetwen all win xp and win7 clients.
< I need to have som SAN box that working az raid 5 and backup.
< What I find is just supporting windows OS not Linux.
< Do you have any sugastion?
< Thanks a lot,
< Best regards,
< Nasrin Khatami,
< nasrink at skarpnack.fhsk.se

Don't mix up SAN and NAS, both are 2 different things ;)
You are probably talking about a NAS than a SAN
What do you mean about "just supporting windows and not Linux"?
If they support SMB/CIFS or any protocol such as FTP, SSH, etc., you'll be able to use them from your Linux