[Samba] root postexec issue on both Samba 3.4.5 and 3.0.28

Andrew Masterson Andrew.Masterson at nuvistaenergy.com
Tue Jun 15 15:50:55 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Allen Chen
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 2:25 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] root postexec issue on both Samba 3.4.5 and 3.0.28

Hi, there

I'm using Samba 3.4.5 and 3.0.28 on RHEL 5.2, and I noticed that on both

samba servers
'root postexec' script in [netlogon] is executed automatically when
logged in for around 11 minutes.
This makes me crazy to track when a use is logged out.
The man page smb.conf.5 says:
" postexec (S)
           This option specifies a command to be run whenever the
service is disconnected. "

I don't understand when a user is still logged in, why 'root postexec'
script gets called after 11 minutes.
though everything still works fine.

I used to have Samba 3.0.22 and 'root postexec' script was executed only

when users logout.
It doesn't matter how long you have logged in.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks,

Allen