[Samba] DC replication

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 16:56:42 MDT 2010

On 12 June 2010 23:37, Gaiseric Vandal <gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to clarify, you used "net vampire" to pull the info from PDC1 to PDC2?

He's using Samba4, so he provisioned a DC and then vampired that to
create another DC.

> Are you using LDAP or TDBSAM backend for samba accounts?  Are you using NIS

I suspect he's using the default Samba4 LDB.

> or LDAP or /etc/passwd for unix accounts?   I found that LDAP backend for
> both samba and unix accounts  was the best way to make sure all the samba
> DC's  had the identical unix and samba id's for accounts across all
> machines.
>
> When you run wbinfo on PDC2 it may actually be querying PDC1.     If I
> remember correctly, if you are using an TDBSAM backend with a BDC you need
> to create the samba account separately on the PDC and BDC.    I don't think
> there is any reliable TDB replication in either direction.

Since he's using Samba4 they should definitely replicate.

Ibrahim, perhaps you should specify that you are using Samba4 instead
of just implying it :)

> Instead of configuring the 2nd samba server as a BDC you may want to
> configure it as a member server.

I'm afraid I haven't tried replication between two Samba4 instances,
but are there any errors in the logs that might point you in the right
direction?  Maybe increase the debug level.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>