[Samba] Odd random roaming profile issues

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:33:17 MDT 2010

> When windows login fails, often windows gives a path error.  My suspicion is
> that some rougue data with incompatible perms has gotten into the local
> users profile.  I've seen it happen, but I'll be damned if I can remember
> the cause.

I too have seen that on more than 1 occasion.

On my current desktop Win7 placed a link from an elevated install of
xp mode.  This file was in my profile but I had no permissions to
write or delete it so when I logged in my profile could not overwrite
the file I had no permissions to write.. I ended up booting a linux
livecd to get rid of the bad link in my profile since no method I
tried would give me permission to delete it..

John