[Samba] login with email

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 08:39:10 MDT 2010

The @ sign means you are specifying the domain.   With Active Directory
server you can have an internet-type domain name.      Which means, as
you saw,  can simplify login experience for the user.

I would guess the solution is to have your Samba server emulate an AD
server.    I don't think there is a way to change the client side
behaviour but you could run gpedit.msc on an XP machine and see what
settings exist.