[Samba] Set ACLs on Samba share from Windows

Dadoo samba1.3.dadoo3002 at spamgourmet.com
Thu Jul 8 01:26:15 MDT 2010

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 01:32:00 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

> ACLs can sometimes be turned on or off on a file system as a mount
> option. Other times it's inherent in the system. It may even be a
> format-time option.

Oh, if you're asking whether or not the filesystem itself supports ACLs,
yes, it does. I tried setting them from the Linux command line (and got
no errors), but I don't know enough about the Windows/Linux ACL mapping
to get the settings I want.

If you're interested, this is what I get from the "getfacl" command:

    # owner: <My domain>\134<user1>
    # group: <My domain>\134mis
    user::rwx
    user:<My domain>\134<me>:rwx
    user:<My domain>\134administrator:rwx
    user:<My domain>\134<user2>:rwx
    user:<My domain>\134<user3>:rwx
    group::rwx
    group:<My domain>\134accounting:rwx
    mask::rwx
    other::rwx
    default:user::rwx
    default:user:<My domain>\134<user1>:rwx
    default:user:<My domain>\134administrator:rwx
    default:user:<My domain>\134<user2>:rwx
    default:user:<My domain>\134<user3>:rwx
    default:group::---
    default:mask::rwx