[Samba] net ads testjoin

Khaled Blah khaled.blah at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 7 02:45:12 MDT 2010

Hi all,

thanks for your replies! Is it correct to assume that "net ads
testjoin" will only ask for a password if the secrets.tdb is missing
or if it is corrupt. I understand that the secrets.tdb stores the
account password and thus if that file exists and can be read the
account password should be available to net and thus no need to ask
for a password?

Regards,
Khaled

2010/7/6 Rob Moser <Rob.Moser at nau.edu>:
> If you want to know what the net command is doing in more detail, try
> running it with the -d <debuglevel> option.  <debuglevel> should be some
> number between 0 and 10, with 10 being the highest.  I'd work your way
> up - 10 will flood you with so much information its hard to see whats
> going on.
>
> More details about the debug option and other net command-line options
> can be found in the man page for net.
>
>     - rob.
>
> On 07/06/2010 01:49 AM, Khaled Blah wrote:
>> Is there anyone who can help with this question?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Khaled
>>
>> 2010/4/30 Khaled Blah <khaled.blah at googlemail.com>:
>>> Can anyone give me any hints please? I've read the man pages for
>>> smb.conf and for net and then I read the manual about the "net
>>> command". Still, I don't know what testjoin actually does or tries to