[Samba] Throughput problem with Samba 3.3.1 on NetBSD

Max León mleon at wirewatchers.com
Tue Jul 6 11:50:16 MDT 2010

Hello everyone,
I need some collective wisdom, I have recently start using NetBSD and
works quite well on everything but with Samba.

I have played with the smb.conf to try to improve performance but to no
avail.

The setup is fairly simple.
Here is my smb.conf

[global]
     workgroup=HOME
     netbios aliases = MEDIALAB
     security = user
     socket options = TCP_NODELAY  SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
     use sendfile = true
     local master = yes
     os level = 33
     wins support = yes
[homes]
     comment = Home Directories
     browseable = no
     writable = yes
[musica]
          comment= Musica para alegrar la vida
          path = /media/external/Multimedia/Musica
          public = no
          writable = no
          write list = @wheel
          browsable = yes

[peliculas]
          comment= Algunas pelis para entretenerse
          path = /media/external/Multimedia/Peliculas
          public = no
          writable = no
          write list = @wheel
          browsable = yes

The problem is that I cannot get not even 1Mbps, while on the exact same
environment with CentOS 5 I was getting over the Wireless G 48Mbps.

Any ideas on how I might improve performance?, I tried already the
NetBSD user mail list to no avail.

Thanks in advanced.