No subject

Fri Jan 22 03:43:47 MST 2010

to only show shares that the user has access too, but I don't believe it
is possible.

To remedy this, I tried to create a share called "share". Then create
subdirectories under that using UNIX groups. I am using a group sticky
bit in conjunction with create mask = 770 to keep the perms straight.
Here is the share:

[share]
        nt acl support = no
        path = /home/samba/share
        writable = yes
        guest ok = no
        browsable = yes
        create mask = 770
        directory mask = 770
        inherit permissions = yes
        valid users = @share
        hide dot files = yes
        hide unreadable = yes

Hide unreadable works great, users cannot see any directories that they
do not have access to. However, they can still create folders in the
root of the share (/home/samba/share). I've even changed the perms of
that directory to 000, and still users can create directories there. Am
I missing something?

I guess if I have to manually create a share for each share I need, I
can do that. However, I would prefer users to only see the shares they
have access to...

--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux i686 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5420 @ 2.50GHz
09:18:58 up 132 days, 22:45, 3 users, load average: 0.31, 0.16, 0.06