[Samba] Dual booted clients with different name drop each other out of domain

Roman Muñoz tatel at infonegocio.com
Sun Jan 31 06:40:30 MST 2010

Thanks for your answers.

Probably it would be not very difficult to change the MAC address. This
has the advantage that could work even if IT staff doesn't want to do
any change in their dhcpd configuration.

On the other hand, it seems that reconfiguring dhcpd would be a nicer
solution that could perhaps be accepted by IT staff. However the pointer
given seems to be about linux dhcpd, not about windows dhcpd. After some
googling I got the windows doc about vendor classes, but I wonder by
just changing host's name is not enough.

Could you guys give any pointer to dual boot problem between windows OSes?

Thanks again,
Roman

Rob Townley(e)k dio: