[Samba] Potential bug in latest build 3.4.5

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jan 29 15:29:41 MST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 03:31:26PM -0500, Ganju Yadav wrote:
> I am trying to use following statement to include special smb.conf
> parameters for few clients using statement like below. I then created
> special smb.conf.*clientname* file under /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.*
> clientname*
>
> include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%m
>
> However testparm gives error like "can't find include file
> /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.".
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior?

See the man page for smb.conf:

       %m
          the NetBIOS name of the client machine (very useful).

          This  parameter  is not available when Samba listens on port
445, as clients no longer send this information. If you use this macro
in an include statement on a domain that has a Samba domain
controller be sure to set in the [global] section smb ports = 139. This
will cause Samba to not listen on port 445 and will permit include
functionality to function as it did with Samba 2.x.