[Samba] SMB2 testing on SAMBA 3.5.0 rc2

Daniel Ng Daniel.Ng at ktd-kyocera.com
Thu Jan 28 19:15:28 MST 2010

I am trying to setup a SAMBA server using 3.5.0rc2 to test SMB2.
Without using SMB2, my windows 7 was able to browse the public share
listed on the server anonymously.  However, when SMB2 is enabled, a
network error message is always popped up when I try to browse the samba
server from Win 7.

I have looked at the trace.  It seemed to me that Win 7 had troubles
accessing wkssvc, srvsvc, etc.  Win 7 sent a create request for wksvc
and then a close request immediately even a positive create response was
returned.  Is there anyone successfully using the SMB2 protocol?  It
only works if I types the whole share path.  For example:

\\my-samba-smb2server <file:///\\my-samba-smb2server>    <- NOT WORK

\\my-samba-smb2server\share <file:///\\my-samba-smb2server\share>   <-
WORK

I also want to setup a shared printer using SMB2.  However, it never
worked.  Anyone can help?

Thanks