[Samba] Trouble getting past net join ads...

Joel Therrien Joel_Therrien at uml.edu
Thu Jan 28 12:07:08 MST 2010

Thanks. Unfortunately that did not appear to do anything.

What is even stranger is I tried running net ads info and it returned
information on the LDAP server name, the correct IP address,
realm, and bindpath. To my uninformed eye, this looks like it is
connected to the windows server in some manner. Yet wbinfo -t
still cannot check the trust secret.

One thing I also don't get is why the net ads testjoin command insists
on asking for a password for an account that does not exist. Even specifying
a username with the -U command does not work, it is just ignored.

Joel

--
Asst. Prof. Joel M. Therrien
Ph: 978-934-3324
Joel_Therrien at uml.edu
Dept. of Electrical&  Computer Engineering
U. Massachusetts-Lowell
1 University Ave
Lowell, MA 01854