[Samba] vfs objects - zfsacl

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Jan 28 09:39:43 MST 2010

Looking to see if any one else is having this issue.  Running 3.4.5 on
solaris 10 with ZFS file system.  When I add the vfs objects = zfsacl,
Windows clients seem to fine but all my Mac OS X clients can no longer
access folders on the share.  They can mount the share fine but
permissions are not being followed for Mac clients.  "The folder "Name"
could not be opened because you do not have sufficient access
privileges".  Without the zfsacl Mac clients are fine.

smb.conf:
[global]
         workgroup = ENGR_DOM
         server string = Samba Server
         security = DOMAIN
         lanman auth = No
         client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
         client lanman auth = No
         client plaintext auth = No
         log level = 2
         log file = /XKA2/var/log/samba/logs/log.%m
         deadtime = 10
         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
         load printers = No
         domain master = No
         dns proxy = No
         kernel oplocks = No
         lock directory = /XKA2/var/samba/locks
         pid directory = /XKA2/var/samba/locks
         homedir map =
         usershare path = /XKA2/var/samba/locks/usershares
         host msdfs = No
         oplocks = No
         strict locking = No
         dos filetimes = No
[ens]
         comment = ENS Groups
         path = /XKA2/admin/ENS
         valid users = +admin
         force group = admin
         read only = No
         create mask = 0770
         directory mask = 02770
         inherit acls = Yes
         vfs objects = zfsacl
         nfs4:acedup = merge
         nfs4:chown = yes
         nfs4:mode = special

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'