[Samba] Debian Lenny - Samba 3.2.5 + OpenLDAP (slapd) 2.4.11

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:41:15 MST 2010

On 01/25/10 16:23, Henrik Dige Semark wrote:
> I have a serous problem.
>
> I have for some time now tried to get an SAMBA based Domain Controller
> working.
> I have tried with OpenLDAP and tdbsam as backend, but I get the same
> error every time.
>
> I wood prefer to use LDAP as my backend.
> I have read tons of how-to SAMBA + LDAP, but non of the seams to work
> for my, is there someone that maybe can see what I have done rung in
> my config.?
>
> I have attached my samba conf and LDAP conf.
>
> Samba is connected to OpenLDAP, and LDAP is running fine.
> But when I try to join my Windows XP Pro SP3 I takes about one Min and
> it tells my that Username and/or Password maybe rung, ore not existing.
>
> There is no doubt that Samba and Ldap is talking together (samba have
> updated the SID and RID's), cause when I try to join the domain LDAP
> is activated, but the return value is somehow disappearing on the way
> back to my client
>
> I have some wireshark dump that I can provide if its necessary.
> I can provide LOGS, DUMPS, and everything needed if its necessary.
>
> System info:
> Clean installed Debian Lenny (5.0.3)
> Clean installed Samba 3.2.5 + Winbind 3.2.5
> Clean installed OpenLDAP 2.4.11 (slapd)Did you
>

> Debian default smbldap-tools (smbldap-populate is working and have
> populated LDAP without problems)
> if there is something I have forgotten please just ask for it, I'm
> close to be desperate.!
>
> ---
> Med Venlig Hilsen / Best regards
> Henrik Dige Semark

Did you join the PDC to the domain  (not sure of the exact syntax from
memory, but something along the lines of "net join" ..)

With an LDAP backend you should see an ldap entry created for the
DOMAIN.     I also found under LDAP on solaris that syncing passwords
between windows and unix was a little tricky, so you may want to also
temp try disabling the unix password sync until you have at least got
machines joining the domain.