[Samba] Samba Serving NFS Mounted Directories

Sat Jan 23 01:48:59 MST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 04:49:33PM -0800, Jon Forrest wrote:
> I have a Sun 7310 storage server. This is
> running Solaris 10 but it's self-contained
> and I can't login to it or run Samba on it.
> I manage it with a web interface.

You need to get over that. Running Samba on NFS imports is a
really bad idea. At least every month people report strange
lockups, timeouts and other weird things on this list that
can be attributed to NFS imports. You should really contact
SUN for information how to log into that box and install
Samba.

Volker