[Samba] Samba 2.2.7

William Jojo w.jojo at hvcc.edu
Fri Jan 22 07:41:35 MST 2010

Wagg, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we first installed SAMBA on our IBM AIX 5.3 server, we created 6
> shares.  For some reason we have discovered that to access a Samba share
> we always had to assign one share ahead of all others to a user for that
> user to gain access. ( i.e. If a user requires access to the "extracts"
> share, we have to assign the "reports" share first in the user login,
> and then assign the "extracts" share to gain access to the "extracts"
> share.  We always have to assign the "reports" share first for everyone
> that will be using SAMBA)

Hi Dave,

Version 2.2.7 is very old. Is this the IBM provided version from the AIX
toolbox? You may want to consider:

http://pware.hvcc.edu/downloads.html

and download something more recent in the 3.3 (3.3.10) or 3.4 (3.4.5)
series.

Also, it is helpful to include your smb.conf (minus any security related
stuff) so we can view your setup and offer advice.

Cheers,
Bill