[Samba] windows 7 share and smbclient

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Fri Jan 22 04:52:12 MST 2010

Hi,
I've tested that samba (smbclient 3.4) cannot connect to a windows 7 share but
however it is possible to mount such share with smbmount.
When I try to connect specifying username and password I got a success but
nothing happens:

smbclient //s28/backupinfook -U backup
Enter backup's password:
session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0

while from another windows machine I can connect to the share. When I mount
the share with smbmount I can browse its content. So there is something
working different between an smbmount and an smbclient. What can I do if I
don't want to mount the share?

Thanks,
Luca