[Samba] Samba shares freezing

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Jan 21 10:25:35 MST 2010

Jermey,
    Will work on getting a trace back with gdb.  I'm now seeing in the
log files for clients this error:

[2010/01/21 09:19:01,  0] smbd/oplock.c:317(oplock_timeout_handler)
   Oplock break failed for file mozilla/thunderbird/pluginreg.dat --
replying anyway

What's strange is this error only occurs with our terminal servers,
where we have multiple users logged in.  All other single clients do not
show this error at all?  And it is with our terminal server users that
are seeing the most problems with the shares freezing up or acting very
slow.

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'