[Samba] Change AD user password from Linux

john lists.john at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:16:03 MST 2010

Hi Masao,

I have essentially the same setup as you (ltsp, AD, Winbind). My users
are able to change their passwords with the 'passwd' command.

Here's the contents of

/etc/pam.d/common-password file

password        sufficient      pam_winbind.so
password   required   pam_unix.so nullok obscure min=4 max=8 md5

Hth,

John