[Samba] Samba 3.4 clustering CTDB

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Jan 19 01:29:53 MST 2010

Hello to all,

Did someone succed with samba clustering using CTDB?
We just started  a project trying to set up a cluster with Samba 3.4 and
ctdb and 2 nodes. We aim to
substitute the samba pdc bdc thing which is not sufficient I thing. Because
when the pdc is down the bdc must be set
manually to be the pdc.
If clustering should work then ctdb (load balancing!?)will decide which node
to authenticate against and will sync user groups and files. If one
node   fails the other would take over and users and clients can work on.
Are these things possible in current state of development???

Greetings
Daniel