[Samba] Samba 3.4.4 & Windows 7 offline folders

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Mon Jan 18 13:46:24 MST 2010

Hi!

Is it possible that Samba 3.4 has some problems with offline folder
synchronisation on windows 7 clients?

I can't get it really working. I added this entries according to another
user experiencing
similar problems to the share:

[homes]
    [...]
    create mask = 0611
    oplocks = yes
    level2 oplocks = yes
    map archive = yes
    map system = yes
    map hidden = yes

So windows 7 starts the sync at least (before it cancels it immediately
after starting it) but a problem remains:
If I change one file offline OR online windows 7 complains a conflict
because the 2 files have changed on serverside and offline!?

I read that you can check if the samba version is too old for offline
folders by searching for that lines in the samba log:

... I have that lines although I have Samba 3.4.4

call_nt_transact_ioctl(0x901af): Currently not implemented.

can somebody give me a hint please how I get windows 7 & Samba & offline
folders working?

regards
Martin