[Samba] Samba 3.4 Panic in Debian

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon Jan 18 08:16:41 MST 2010

Dale Schroeder a écrit :

> I've suspected that ever since reading Karolin's release notes for
> 3.4.4.  Debian has not yet released 3.4.4
> to "testing", but I'll gladly try it as soon as it's available.  For the

That should happen in about one week, assuming that no dependency chain
is blocking it.

(roughly speaking, "releasing to testing" is automated and happens after
10 days in unstable, if no RC bug appeared *and* if the dependecies can
be satisfied in testing)

> interim, all winbind systems are reverted
> back to "stable" (3.2.5-4lenny7).  The ldap and standalone systems run
> perfectly well under 3.4.3.

I think you can anyway safely (but manually) install 3.4.4 packages on
testing systems with dpkg (better try it with "--dry-run" before).