[Samba] username map is not working properly

Eero Volotinen eero.volotinen at iki.fi
Thu Jan 14 05:34:11 MST 2010

> I know, if I restart the Samba then everything will work fine. But, I
> don't want to restart the samba, because it may terminate the IO on
> another share. Is there any workaround to come out with this problem
> without restarting the samba daemon. I am using Samba 3.2.11 on Suse
> linux. Please, help me to resolve this issue.

from url:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smbd.8.html

"The configuration file, and any files that it includes, are
automatically reloaded every minute, if they change. You can force a
reload by sending a SIGHUP to the server. Reloading the configuration
file will not affect connections to any service that is already
established. Either the user will have to disconnect from the service,
or smbd killed and restarted."

--
Eero