[Samba] samba+ldap two domains db sync?

Larry Velez larry at sinu.com
Wed Jan 13 08:51:37 MST 2010

Rob,

I am curious if you think an extension of this idea might work to centrally control and manage many domains?

Mothership LDAP [Hosted Highly Redundant setup]
- Domain 1 (SyncRepl only portion of LDAP)
- Domain 2 (SyncRepl only portion of LDAP)
- Domain 26 (SyncRepl only portion of LDAP)

Ideally each local subnet might also be VPNed up to the mothership so that local machines could still authenticate (slowly) if the local PDC were unavailable.  Long term each domain would be Samba4 based and fully AD ready.

Would love to discuss this idea with someone familiar with multi-domain setups like this.

thanks,

Larry