[Samba] Can only log on to domain, not local machine

Rob Feldman feldmrob at attglobal.net
Tue Jan 12 19:14:14 MST 2010

Hi Don,

Yeah, the behavior you describe is what I expected but not what I'm getting.
All domain UID/Password pairs authenticate fine when connected, none do when
disconnected. The login credentials are not being cached, but I can't figure
out why. I checked the XP group policy and the default setting to keep the
last 10 logins is intact.

My setup is the same as yours, XP clients of domain with a Samba PDC. I
maintain another similar system at work which works fine.

I really appreciate the effort -- any other ideas?

Thanks,
Rob