[Samba] Renaming a computer on a Samba domain

Jason Somers jason at redbarncomputers.com
Tue Jan 12 17:35:49 MST 2010

I guess I am just missing the point here. I am not in the position to
change policy. I must work with what I have inside of standard operating
procedures.

Why is it such a big deal to change the computer name while connected to
the domain? This seems like such a simple thing (that you can do on ALL
Windows domains), and yet it does not seem like it can be done on Samba...

-Jason