[Samba] When do you End of Life older Samba versions ?

Tue Jan 12 14:21:47 MST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 02:27:04PM -0500, Paul Griffith wrote:
> I was wondering if the Samba team has a End of Life statement on the web
> for the different versions of Samba out there. I know that the 3.0.x
> series is pretty much EOL, but what about 3.2.x and 3.3.x series ?
>
> I just want to know when I need to get the lead out and upgrade!  ;)

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3_Release_Planning

should explain a piece of it. In theory, we will EOL a 3.x
series 12 months after 3.x.0 was released. In practice, we
will not fix any bugs anymore and we don't commit to doing
security updates after those 12 months. But depending on our
work load and user demand, those security updates still
happen a lot longer. You just can't count on them anymore :-)

Volker