[Samba] client samba swichover when when Primary Domain controler is down.

moshe levi moshe010 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 06:14:33 MST 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a question regrading samba client.
I am using samba version 3.3.9 on Linux RedHat server 5 OS.
I also have installed 2 Domain Controllers on windows 2008 R2 and with
Active Directory.
One domain controller is primary and the other one is backup.

I ran a test that bring down the primary Domain controller.
I expected that samba would recognize that the primary Domain controller is
down and it will try to connect to
the backup Domain Controller.

But this didn't happen samba tried to connect the primary Domain controller

I just want to know if this supported in samba  3.3.9 on Linux RedHat server
5, or I have configuration problem.