[Samba] PDC directory permission fail

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Jan 6 11:54:14 MST 2010

On 01/05/2010 10:00 PM, Bino Oetomo wrote:
> Dear Brian and all
>
> Thankyou for your fast enlightment
>
> Brian H. Nelson wrote:
>> Bino Oetomo wrote:
>>> And ... voila ... the user can access (read-write) into the shares ...
>>> But it'll means that the user can also "execute" somethings inside
>>> directory ... right ?
>>>
>>> Why we need the "execute" bit in directory permission just to let
>>> the user to "read and write only" ?
>>>
>> That is how UNIX filesystem permissions work. 'Execute' on a
>> directory allows traversal of (ie access into) the directory.
>
> Understood.
> I Knew that for every "execute" will need "read", thats why every
> allow-execute will consequently allow-read.
>
> But how if i need allo-write (consequently will allow-read) +
> deny-execute ?
> AFAIK it will "6" or "2" in permission bit, right ?

 From your previous email, it sounds like you want is ==>

create mode = 660
directory mode = 770

For other control parameters, see the "force" parameters regarding
create/directory/security.

For Ubuntu:
Having the swat and samba-doc packages installed provides an excellent
way to see all the
available parameters with a corresponding link to an explanation of what
each does, and
what its default value is.

Dale