[Samba] ntlm_auth and Server 2008 issues

Walter Gould gouldwp at auburn.edu
Fri Feb 26 15:07:41 MST 2010

We are having the same Samba issue as noted here:
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2009-November/msg00664.html

Has anybody on this list experienced this " \NETLOGON fnum 0xareturned
critical error. Error was NT_STATUS_PIPE_DISCONNECTED" error?  This
wasn't happening until our AD admin upgraded the AD servers to windows
server 2008 R2.

Also, I see this over and over in our winbindd.log:
[2010/02/26 14:52:01, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:trustdom_recv(230)
  Could not receive trustdoms

We are running Samba Version 3.0.33-3.15.el5_4.1

Also here is the output of wbinfo -a:

wbinfo -a testuser%testpass
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
error messsage was: No such user
Could not authenticate user testuser%testpass with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_PIPE_DISCONNECTED (0xc00000b0)
error messsage was: Named pipe dicconnected

Anyone know what the solution to fixing this might be?  Our campus
wireless uses FreeRADIUS-->Samba-->AD for authentication.

Thanks in advance,
Walter