[Samba] Multiple LDAP backends with different search base

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Dec 23 18:18:26 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 00:28 +0100, David Touzeau wrote:
> Dear
>
> I would like Samba query multiple LDAP backend servers
>
> According documentation
> passdb backend = "ldapsam:ldap://192.168.1.60/ ldap://192.168.1.61/
> ldap://192.168.1.62/"
>
> Will do the trick
>
> but i have different settings according
> ldap suffix,ldap group suffix and ldap admin dn
>
> How to define different suffix and LDAP admin dn for all LDAP backends ?

This is not supported.  If you really require that, perhaps another
OpenLDAP instance can be configured as a combining proxy for the
different bases, or you can replicate all the data using manual scripts
into a single tree.

Multiple distinct LDAP trees should serve multiple distinct LDAP
domains.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.