[Samba] Should Samba PDC domain appear under 'Active Networks' in Windows 7?

stelter at sonic.net stelter at sonic.net
Wed Dec 15 10:42:05 MST 2010

Hi All,
  I had followed the advice here http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7 and upgraded my samba and have managed to join a new Win7 Pro machine to my domain.  I’m having a printing problem (I sent another question specific to that) so I’m poking around looking for anything that may be wrong.

  I noticed on my work box which is also windows 7 pro, under Network I see a list of “Active Networks” and my work’s domain is listed as well as my home network (through which I VPN to the work network).

  But on my samba PDC domain with my personal win7pro box, I only see my ‘Home’ network and if I go to firewall under Domain Networks, it says ‘Not Connected’.

  Do I have a misconfiguration that I don’t see a domain network listed?

  Everything else seems to be working—I can log into the domain using the domain login/password and all my mapped shares are there and it runs the logon.bat.
--
Craig