[Samba] samba 3.5.x, pdbedit smb.conf and profiles

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Wed Dec 8 15:14:46 MST 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Andy <ange3791 at area5101.com> wrote:
> How do you remove the per-user value with pdbedit and have the value read
> from smb.conf? I have tried setting the per-user value both to "" and NULL.

I reported a similar problem on May 26, 2010, the post was titled "how
to reset logon script inheritance?"

It seems there are certain values that are inherited from smb.conf but
once you set them individually with pdbedit the tdbsam is effectively
"tattooed" - that is there is seemingly no way to get that setting
back to automatic inheritance.

Is this a bug? Or have we just missed the proper documentation?

Chris